Saturday, November 29, 2008

How To Find Love When You Are Sick



Here I am with my stuffy nose and big head looking for some humanity from people in white gowns. “It’s a bacterial influenza and if you take these antibiotics and do all my orders- you’re going to be fine in just a week.” He prescribed four tablets for me to take. Only four tablets which I will have to take two days. Are you kidding me?! I’ve been sick almost two weeks and that is all you can give me?! Four tablets.

I was very confused and I guess I wanted some more attention rather than just a piece of paper. Some would say it’s not the right time to flirt when you are having the flu and don’t really fully understand what is going on. Not me. I take total responsibility for my actions committed in Jackson hospital in Miami on these cold stuffy evenings. I went there during the day, of course. Just wanted to make it look more romantic.

This young doctor was from Cyprus and surprisingly knew a lot about my culture and country. Hard to be sweet and flirt in my condition but you have to do whatever it takes to find your love or just a date for next Friday evening. “Oh, really? I don’t think so. I’ve been so sick that antibiotics are not the only thing I need to get better at the moment.”

Then you don’t have to do anything but watch. Don’t stare at him with those red, blurry eyes- try to make them at least a little bit sexy. He said he has to go and check his schedule and was back in less than one minute. He said Friday he was working the night shift but Saturday evening he was absolutely free. “Well, I guess it worked for me.”, I said slowly. Since it was Thursday I had two days to get better taking those pills he gave me. Two days exactly.

No comments: