Thursday, December 4, 2008

Can Friendship Exist Between Men And Women




Many might say no but if you think about it, it does make sense. Do men like knitting, shopping and just doing nothing? Usually no but I have a male friend whom I can rely on for anything and I know he will be there for me. My ex-husband was very jealous of our chats over some sweets and a cup of tea in our kitchen. We could talk for hours and hours.

My ex was not only jealous, but he didn’t believe there can be a real friendship between men and women. One day he came home and said he is in a big trouble at work and he needs a big amount of money in 24 hours. I had no idea what to do, where to get the money. I called my friend, he tried to comfort me that everything will be ok. I heard knocking at our door early next morning. There was my friend, he had red eyes. He looked like he didn’t sleep all night. The only thing he said was “Here is the money”. I was shocked. I knew he was a real friend, but where did he get the money? As I found out later he went through all his friends and all possible ways to find that money for my ex to save my family.

But the most shocking thing was that my ex made up everything and he didn’t need any money, the whole plan was just to test how much my friend would do for me. Our friendship was purely platonic and nothing that would go beyond that. Even after the divorce we stayed the same way. Honestly, I didn’t want to change anything because we were great friends and soul mates, but an actual relationship would ruin that and friendship means me more than any kind of relationship. Later I would joke that if I get married again he would be my made of honor.

No comments: