Monday, September 29, 2008

Love Of My Life or Oh, That Old Feeling Again


Every woman has at least one man in her life she was flying with in the clouds. So far I had two. Maybe some have ten, who knows? Have anybody experienced a feeling that by every person that comes into your life you say to yourself “He is the one!”. Women in their twenties say it more often, probably than women in their fifties. What about in between? Two controversies come to meet as the time passes by: “I am getting older” and “Life is just starting”. Which one is correct? It all depends on situation, people I socialize with. And I would advice to stay as far away as possible from people who complain all the time and who are depressed all the time.


It is not normal, they feed themselves complaining, they get charged from you. So when I am around joyful people life is just starting and world laughs with me, not at me and sun shines for me not causing skin cancer. That what I felt when I met second great love of my life, or as I was getting mature every year, I said to myself that is was actually one and only love of my life. How did I know? How I was so sure? I don’t know… You just have to feel it.


We are all romantics, yes, I mean women and men also. I bet behind that man who is mowing your lawn and a man who is sitting right now in his private jet to go to Italian opera in Rome there is same ideal date and woman they secretly want to put on the pedestal and adore. There might be some differences in financial accomplishments of two of those ideas, but after all we are all romantics.


So our first evening starts in one of the best sushi restaurants in South Beach and after we go to enjoy the view of the city and the bay. Believe me, he was all ready: two crystal glasses and bottle of wine. The night should have ended with a kiss, no other way. On our way back I felt pity for the night was over and felt I was Cinderella again. The dream was almost over. The chemistry was in the first two seconds. Why the good things finish so fast?!


The rides on the back of his motorcycle took my breath away. At those moments I was physically flying. I wouldn’t wish for anything but him. The Valentine’s Day was coming soon and I had my own plans how to spend it, but I guess they differ from his plans and he had to go to business trip to another city. We had a nice lunch together, but he didn’t give me neither a flower or chocolate. I was confused. But by the end of February a surprise was waiting for me in the form of his ex-girlfriend.


The love of my life was too scared to face me telling this horrible news. An email or worse on online chat he tells me that his ex is pregnant and it might be him. Both of them were drunk and she does not believe in abortion. Who is she, Sara Palin’s daughter or follower? But he was sure he was never would be able to live with her. Love is gone or never been there. Considering that and my great love for him I offered my help as if we will be together, I am more than happy to adopt that child, but the condition it has been conceived worried me a bit


Treat others as you want to be treated, and I wanted to be understood, forgiven and accepted as I am. Yell if you want to be yelled at. My love appreciated my move, although being shocked at my reaction. I thought you would get upset and make a scandal, he said. Yes, I did get upset, but it’s too late and I couldn’t change anything, I should make it only better if I could. We all lack basic human concepts when it comes to some decisions we have to make as we live along this show called life.


No comments: